How We Support You
We Are Here For You
This is your Weekend and we want you to have the best experience possible! Please take advantage of the services, tools and tips that we offer.
Or if you would like to talk to one of our friendly and knowledgeable Weekend Coaches, please call us at 416.815.WALK (9255). We would love to hear from you.
Before the Event
- Your Personal Page: This is your very own webpage where you can tell your story, accept donations and check your progress, start a blog and more. Best of all, it’s free and easy to use.
- Participant Centre: The Participant Centre is a personalized tool that lets you keep track of your fundraising, send emails using our just-for-you Weekend templates, and share your story with your Circle for Hope! You'll also get up to date notices about our fundraising credit specials. Did you know that participants who personalized their participant centre raised an average of 22% more than those who didn't? So take advantage of this powerful communicating tool and login today!
- Helpful Coaches: On the phone at 416.815.WALK (9255) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, our Coaches are here to encourage, inspire, motivate, support, listen and advise you. Whatever your question or concern, we’re here to help!
- Training Assistance: From Training Walks to coaching to connecting you with other Walkers, we’ll help you get prepared. Visit our Training page for more details.
- Fundraising Plan: Our staff and Coaches have helped people raise well over $100 million for cancer causes, and are here to do the same for you! Visit our FAQ page for more details.
- Community Events: There are many opportunities throughout the year to meet your fellow participants. Whether it’s at our Orientations, Training Walks, or Pink Martini Nights, get to know and be inspired by others who will be with you on The Weekend. Check our Calendar of Events page to find out what’s happening near you.
During the Event
- Safety: Safety is one of our top priorities. From careful event planning to medical care and sweep vans along the route, we’ve got you covered with everything you’ll need to stay safe and have fun.
- Medical Care: We have volunteer medical professionals stationed all along the route. If for any reason you feel you can’t or shouldn’t finish the day's distance, a sweep vehicle will transfer you to the day's finish line.
- Pit Stops: Every few kilometres along the route, you’ll encounter Pit Stops stocked with water, sports drinks, high-energy snacks and other things to keep you going. We also have toilet facilities here and at other key locations along the route.
- Camp: At your home-away-from-home you’ll enjoy hot showers, a warm meal, an evening of entertainment, and a cozy tent. Should you need them, medical attention, massage, chiropractic and podiatry services are also available if you are spending the night.
- Food: In addition to snacks at the Pit Stops and dinner on Saturday night, you’ll get delicious and nutritious breakfasts and lunches to keep you well fueled. You will not go hungry. In fact you may eat more than you ever have before!
- Crew and Volunteers: These heroes will cheer you on, hand out meals, drive safety vehicles and much much more. They keep everything running smoothly, working around the clock to keep you comfortable and safe.
Rest assured that you will be supported during this amazing journey. We recognize your commitment and do everything we can to ensure that your experience is rewarding. Now that you have learned about The Weekend, take the next step and register today!